The Voice Primer provides an introduction to voice on a data network, known as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Instructors who would like to include basic voice content into their classes can use the primer as a supplement to the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum..
Certification is awarded by Cisco and is globally recognized.
What you’ll learn
Become certified in:
- Define common voice terms and concepts including POTS line, digital trunks, PBX systems, and VoIP gateways
- Describe some key advantages of a VoIP system over a traditional PBX system
- Describe the purpose and nature of fundamental VoIP technologies including common call signaling protocols (such as SIP, SCCP, MGCP) and codecs (such as G.711, G.729, GSM)
- Explain the importance of quality of service (QoS) in a voice network
- Apply their VoIP knowledge to configure and connect a basic VoIP-to-VoIP network with multiple endpoints, basic dial plan manipulation, and CME router-based call processing.
- Voice Primer Datasheet
Get more information
If you would like to find out more about this course or get some advice, we have consultants available to assist you.
Our consultants can:
- Answer any questions you may have about the course.
- Give you information about the industry and possible job outcomes.
- Help you work out whether this the right course for you to get the job you want.
How to enrol
Ready to start the course? Get in touch via this form and a Learning Consultant will give you a call or send you an email.
- Discuss study and payment options with you.
- Assist with the enrolment process and save you time.
- Give you information on start dates and study materials.
- None, CCENT-level experience preferable