The NDG Introduction to Linux I course focuses on the basic Linux system administration skills needed in preparation for theLinux Professional Institute LPIC-1 or CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI certification. You will gain proficiency performing maintenance tasks on the command line, installing and configuring a computer running Linux and configuring basic networking.
Certification is awarded by Cisco and is globally recognized.
What you’ll learn
- Develop a working knowledge of the Linux command line
- Study content explaining Linux as you practice on real Linux virtual machines
- Access expert content online
- Prepare for vendor neutral Linux certifications LPI LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+
- Get immediate feedback on your knowledge through built-in quizzes and tests
Total Units: 27
- Using the Shell
- Getting Help
- Text Utilities
- Configuring the Shell
- File Manipulation
- File Globbing
- Finding Files
- Regular Expressions
- The vi Editor
- Standard Text Streams and Redirection
- Managing Processes
- Archive Commands
- File Permissions and Ownership
- File Systems Links
- Hardware Configuration
- The Boot Process
- Designing a Scheme
- Creating Partitions
- Mounting Filesystems
- Maintaining Integrity
- Fixing Filesystems
- Disk Quotas
- RPM Package Management
- Debian Software Management
- Managing Shared Libraries
Instructional text, developed to meet the learning objectives of the subject matter. A coursebook is typically organized in chapter format and functions as an online textbook.
Step-by-step directed tasks that are designed to provide a hands-on practical experience to reinforce mastery of the subject matter.
Get more information
If you would like to find out more about this course or get some advice, we have consultants available to assist you.
Our consultants can:
- Answer any questions you may have about the course.
- Give you information about the industry and possible job outcomes.
- Help you work out whether this the right course for you to get the job you want.
- Download the brochure
How to enrol
Ready to start the course? Get in touch via this form and a Learning Consultant will give you a call or send you an email.
- Discuss study and payment options with you.
- Assist with the enrolment process and save you time.
- Give you information on start dates and study materials.