The Cisco Networking Academy® Introduction to Cybersecurity course covers trends in cybersecurity and career opportunities available in this field. Cybersecurity refers to the people, products, and processes that protect electronic data from those with malicious intent. This course introduces students to a variety of networking professionals who discuss the exciting and growing industry of cybersecurity. The course modules define cybersecurity, explain why it is important, and introduce some of the products and processes used to secure data.
Training a cybersecurity workforce is a national priority for many countries, and the demand for cybersecurity professionals has grown three times faster than any other job role in information and communications technology (ICT). There are many opportunities for career growth in this field. As people become increasingly dependent on networks to store their personal, financial, and business data, there’s greater incentive for cyber criminals to steal or manipulate that data. The world needs people who are trained to mitigate these threats in proactive and comprehensive ways
Certification is awarded by Cisco and is globally recognized.
What you’ll learn
- The Cybersecurity Industry
- Explain the importance of cybersecurity in the global economy
- Explain why cybersecurity is a growing profession
- Malware and How to Protect Yourself
- Explain the characteristics and operation of malware.
- Explain how hackers use unsuspecting individuals to propagate malware
- Overview of Cybersecurity in Finance and Telecommunications
- Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the banking industry
- Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the telecommunications industry
- Cisco Security Solutions
- Explain Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity.
- Explain the behavior-based approach to cybersecurity
- Defending Against Global Threats
- Explain the characteristics of cyber warfare.
- Explain how Cisco’s Security Intelligence Operations (SIO) tracks and responds to a global threat
- Strategic and Architectural Cybersecurity Planning
- Explain trends in the cyber threat landscape.
- Explain the framework of the Enterprise Security Architecture
- Vulnerabilities and Solutions
- Explain why cybersecurity is critical to the medical devices industry.
- Explain the components of cloud security
- Will Your Future Be in Cybersecurity?
- Explain the opportunities for pursuing network security certifications
Get more information
If you would like to find out more about this course or get some advice, we have consultants available to assist you.
Our consultants can:
- Answer any questions you may have about the course.
- Give you information about the industry and possible job outcomes.
- Help you work out whether this the right course for you to get the job you want.
How to enrol
Ready to start the course? Get in touch via this form and a Learning Consultant will give you a call or send you an email.
- Discuss study and payment options with you.
- Assist with the enrolment process and save you time.
- Give you information on start dates and study materials.